Monday, June 23, 2008

Glimpsing a Crafter's Studio ~ Blog Carnival

This is my house in Littlestown, PA where I have
my studio. It's a beautiful setting that overlooks acres of farmland out the back. My studio is in the kitchen which faces the back so, as I am creating, I can look out on that gorgeous landscape.


I am fortunate that I have many cabinets in my kitchen so that is where I keep my paints, pencils, stamps, inks, and all the rest of my supplies.



Here is a section of my kitchen where you can see I have been baking but I also use all available space to make my handmade cards, as well as my painted pots, decoupage and collages.



The cabinets below and above this countertop house paint brushes, pieces of wallpaper, brayers, scissors and lots more.



I have an island in the middle of my kitchen where I do most of my creating. Luckily, the island has electrical outlets so that I can easily plug in my heat gun for embossing or my quilting iron when I am working with beeswax.


Here is a picture of my island where I do most of my creating. It is a great space since the top is granite so I can easily clean up anything that lands on it (and believe me that is alot!!!)


Also you can see part of the window (on the far right) and the sliding glass door where I can look out and see the beautiful farmland.

My studio is very conducive to creating and I love standing there stamping and coloring and painting.



Finally I want to show you the landscape that I see every day which in itself is inspiring!



I hope you have enjoyed having a peek at my studio! Remember to do something creative every day!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful workspace! I love the view from your kitchen. I was born and raised in the midwest but now live in CA and the picture pulls at my heart as I remember the beauty of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing your thoughts, opinions and suggestions. If you like this post, use the "Tweet This" button above and give us a tweet. Jana

Serendipity Collections

Serendipity Collections
When you need a little something DIFFERENT!

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin